Our Founder’s Code of Business Continues to Guide Us.
W.J. McDonald had a vision for how he wanted the company to operate and grow and he established a Code of Business that guides our organization to this day.
In August 1991, in his 104th year, he reiterated these beliefs:
- Do the job right regardless
- Talk to the customers regularly, confirm their satisfaction
- Make the price fair and reasonable
- A deal is a good one only when it is good for both parties
- Live up to your promises
- Treat employees with respect
- Complete jobs promptly
- Invoice promptly, fairly, and in detail
We honour and respect W.J.’s beliefs through our current expression of Black & McDonald’s values:
- Live and work safely
- Do it right
- Always improve
- Work for one another
- Build enduring customer relationships
- Enable people to flourish
People: Our Strength,
“The Black & McDonald Way” is the company’s ongoing initiative ensuring that both management and employees live up to the company’s core values.
It is, in effect, a reciprocal promise between employee commitment and management support, focused on six key areas:
- Health, Safety and Environmental Excellence
- Planned Growth and Profitability
- Customer Satisfaction and Sustainability
- Continuous Improvement Culture
- Employee Satisfaction and Succession
- Community Responsibility
“The Black & McDonald Way” trains, trusts and empowers our employees to exceed the expectations of our internal and external customers.
Get In Touch
Join Our Team
You believe that if something’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right. That solutions should be made to last. That being part of a team means working not just for oneself but for one another. That’s how we operate too.